Consulting Structural Engineers:
- Forensic Engineering specializing in Multi-Use Structures as well as Multi-Family High-Rise Condominiums working closely with Owners, Association Boards and Property Managers for their restoration project needs.
- Repairs and Restoration of Existing Buildings.
- Evaluating structural components and structural systems to ensure the structural integrity of buildings.
- Unique expertise in construction material science and forensics as well as expert testimony.
- 558 Assistance as it relates to construction material failures via extensive knowledge of ASTM and ICRI standards as well as the physio-chemical properties of construction materials.
- Roofing and Waterproofing Investigation and Design Repair
- Foremost Authority on the Physio-Chemical Properties of Roofing and Waterproofing Materials.
- Consulting Services provided on over 70 million square feet of waterproofing without one failure.
- Unique expertise in the material science and forensics of roofing and waterproofing materials.
- Roofing and Waterproofing Investigation and Design Repair.
- 558 Assistance and Expert Testimony in the areas of water intrusion and construction material failures.
High-Rise Condominium Restoration:
- Condominium Restoration needs are mostly attributable to water intrusion. This can include water intrusion from the expansion joints, planters, roofing and waterproofing.
- Water intrusion is a result of failed waterproofing/construction materials and sometimes age.
- When waterproofing/construction materials fail, it exposes the concrete and its encased reinforcing structural steel or post-tension cables to the forces of the environment; in particular water and salt.
- Since concrete is porous, water penetrates it and thus exposes the steel and/or cables resulting in the beginning of the corrosion process. As these structural components corrode, it begins to affect the structural integrity of the building.
- Proper roofing and waterproofing are critical in protecting the structural components of a building from the forces of the environment.
- As a consulting engineering firm that specializes in the physio-chemical properties of construction materials, we offer a unique approach to high-rise condominium restoration and guarantee that your building will be watertight.
Chapter 558 Assistance:
- This is also known as the Florida Construction Defect Statute and involves a pre-suit process when construction defects are found after the building is considered “substantially complete”.
- These defects include any water intrusion coming through the building envelope elements whether waterproofing, roofing, expansion joints, sealants, etc.
- Water intrusion combined with salt from the on-shore breezes is the single-most destructive component to structures adjacent to salt water.
- Water intrusion is the leading cause of litigation and initiated by construction material failures.
- Construction material failures do not occur in just one area but are a systemic problem throughout the structure and need to be treated as such during the 558 Process.
- Our unique expertise in the material science and forensics of roofing and waterproofing materials provide irrefutable expert testimony to Associations resulting in more dollars for the remediation needed.